— First Lady Trudi Inslee
In Washington, at least 35% of all pregnancies are unintended.
According to Guttmacher Institute, publicly supported family planing centers served 112,800 female contraceptive clients in 2014. They met 26% of Washington women’s need for contraceptive services and supplies.
In 2010, the federal and state government spent $468 million on unintended pregnancies.
Our work in health centers
“I had absolutely no idea of how involved Upstream would become in the inner workings of our health center, how connected they would become to our staff and providers and to the mission of the center, and how they would keep such a high energy level for the goals all the way through.”
- Trudi Inslee, First Lady, State of Washington (Honorary Chair)
- Sue Birch, Washington State Health Care Authority
- Christine Charbonneau, Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest and the Hawaiian Islands
- Federico Cruz-Uribe, MD, MPH, Sea Mar Community Health Centers
- Cynthia Harris, Washington State Department of Health
- Kirsten Harris-Talley, SurgeNW
- Bob Marsalli, Washington Association of Community and Migrant Health Centers
- Linda McCarthy, Planned Parenthood of Mt. Baker
- Jan Olmstead, MPA, JWO Consulting LLC
- Alison Poulsen, Better Health Together
- Sarah Prager, MD, MAS, University of Washington
- Kasey Rivas, MPH, March of Dimes
- Valerie Tarico, PhD, Psychologist and Author
- John Wiesman, DrPH, MPH, Washington State Department of Health